All Curtains have a Heading. A Heading attaches the Curtain fabric to the Track, Rod or Pole, while providing mobility. The Heading has an important and practical role in how the fabric falls. Modern Curtains suit minimalistic headings, which creates a more streamlined fall of the fabric. This would be created using Headings such as Wave, Reverse Pleat or Evo. Traditional styles of pleating are more detailed such as Triple-Pinch Pleat, Twin Pleat or the Pencil Pleat.
- Triple pinch pleat is classic and has a smaller stack than other headings which is good in rooms with limited negative wall space.
- Twin pleat uses less fabric than other headings which can save on costs although you do lose fullness.
- Pencil pleat helps to create a causal look.
- Reverse pleat creates a flat simplistic pleat.
- Wave heading is a modern, deep pleat and is great for making an impact on windows.
- Pleats create uniform proportion and spacing whilst allowing for smooth operation while operating.
- Triple pinch pleat is groups of triple pleats, spaced evenly along the curtain which creates a classic heading and provides neat stacking when the curtain is open.
- Twin pleat similar to the Triple pinch but with double pleats. Although using less fabric it also has less fullness.
- Pencil pleat This heading provides a casual style, using evenly spaced completely sewn, narrow pleats the width of a pencil.
- Reverse pleat A structured heading suited to modern interiors, the flattened pleats create a smart, tailored appearance, suited to a modern, contemporary looking heading with a smooth, flat appearance. Suited to a curtain that will be closed most of the time as the flat pleats will naturally resist tight stacking.
- Wave heading A very popular trend for both sheers and solid fabrics, this heading is hung on dedicated s-wave tracks that form the heading style. Normally used under slung on a decorative track that gives a streamlined and symmetrical ‘WAVE’ shape. A consideration for this style of heading is that it requires more stacking room than most other heading styles due to the extra carriers.
- Evo heading Modern with simple clean lines while looking great on a decorative Track.
- All products are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for 5 years from date of sale and will be repaired, replaced or modified free of charge, provided that all monies due on completion of contract have been paid in full.
- Do not pull on curtains or put unnecessary weight on curtain hooks as this could cause hooks to buckle under too much weight.
- Do not put furniture pieces pressed hard against curtains as it could cause dents in pleats.
- If you wish to wash your curtains always check the care label on the curtain fabric as different fabrics require different care when washing. Importantly, make sure you remove all hardware from the curtain or reframe from submerging the hardware.