Beachside Blinds and Curtains have been selling Shutters in Perth for over 10 years, and have seen a dramatic increase in the popularity of the product. Shutters have a reputation of adding a level of sophistication and style to a home. Shutters come in a variety of materials from the gold standard Basswood for internal windows, Woodlook for wet areas and Aluminium for external applications. Shutters are panels with movable blades that can be Hinged, Bi-folded or Sliding.
Basswood Premium grade Plantation grown basswood timber is a naturally renewable material . It is a medium density lightweight timber meaning it will not drop on the hinges, as well as being a nontoxic hardwood that offers good resistance to knocks, bumps and warping. All our basswood shutters are coated with high quality Paint or Stain & Lacquer. The use of Polyurethane produces characteristics of hardness, UV–resistance and colour retention. Whist at the same time the wood features a sleek, smooth appearance.
Woodlook Shutters should only be used in high-humidity and wet areas, Woodlook shutters will not blister, peel or flake from water exposure as well as being resistant to Mould and Mildew.
Aluminium is a great alternative to Screen blinds in Alfresco, Balconies, Pergolas and Patio entertainment areas.
Check out this youtube video to further explain different shutter types…
- With the option of any Dulux colour at a once off cost.
- Our shutters can be Fixed, Hinged, Bi-folding and Sliding.
- We offer Tilt-bar or Clearview (hidden tilt rod) options.
- Tilt-bar is a traditional look of a bar horizontally across the Shutter blades which is used to tilt blades.
- While clear-view has a sturdy Aluminium, connector located on the back linking the blades to offer an unobstructed view.
- Innovative design for durability, such design elements as tension screws on the Shutter panels which allows the tension of the blades to be increased or decreased.
- Use of hidden, recessed magnets which allow our Shutter panels to close tightly but still appear clean and streamline.
- With Woodlook Shutters, you have the option to have Shutters in wet areas.
- Basswood is a renewable timber that is reusable, recyclable and biodegradable.
- Allergy free.
- Shutters allow for the afternoon sea breeze and uninterrupted airflow into your home.
- Easy to use and easy to clean.
- Investment to add value and curb appeal to your home.
- No cords, Safe for children and pets.
- WA designed.
- Built to Australian standards and BCA codes.
- Custom designs for any window shape including Arches or Porthole windows.
- Protects floors from harsh UV rays.
- Very quick and easy to keep clean.
- Outdoor Aluminium Shutters should be hosed down regularly.
- If marked with salt or air pollutants use a mild soap solution to remove, it is important to not let salt build-up as it may hamper easy movement of louvres or panels.
- Every six months, spray all track and hinge components with a silicone spray to keep them well lubricated.
- Do not use WD40 or similar product to lubricate Shutters.
- Indoor shutters just need to be wiped down with a dry cloth or duster.
- If more thorough cleaning is required on Internal Shutters use a soft cloth and a diluted mild household washing liquid.
- For stubborn marks on internal Shutters we recommend a mild water based household cleaner to be used.
- Never use harsh Abrasives, Chlorine-based cleaners and cleaners that contain organic solvents on Shutters as they may affect the surface appearance.
- All products are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for 5 Years from date of sale and will be repaired, replaced or modified free of charge, provided that all monies due on completion of contract have been paid in full. SUBJECT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS.